Monday, January 7, 2013

My Ultimate Demise

As I fear that you are ready to hear how I was brought to justice and executed, I will get straight to the point.

I will also say this: I remained in control almost 'till the very end.

The year was 1895. Pitezel and I had tried to con the Fidelity Mutual Life Association by doing the same con trick I had been pulling for the past 20 years. The problem was that the FMLA had hired a detective, Detective Frank Geyer from the Pinkerton National Detective Agency, to look into me and my past. Eventually, Geyer exposed the murders of the Pitezel family and at the same time, my home, or as the newspapers liked to call it, the "Murder Castle," was broken into by the Chicago police and found my secret vault and rooms in the basement, which included my operating room that had blood stains everywhere. Sensing that there was nowhere to run, I confessed to some of the things that I had done but not all. My testimonies had true and false information, so as to save some of my image. I was finally tried on September 12, 1895 by a Philadelphia grand jury and was sentenced to death by hanging. On May 7, 1896, I was brought to Moyamensing Prison and was hung at 10:13 precisely. 

 Before I died, I told my lawyers that after I was pronounced dead, a coffin was to be filled with cement, then I was to be put into the coffin, and finally, another layer of cement was to be placed so that no one could rob me in my grave. I didn't allow any scientists to take apart my brain or take away any part of my body, to the chagrin of the Wistar Institute in Philadelphia. 

My grave is not marked and under another alias. I am buried at the Holy Cross Cemetery in Delaware County, Pennsylvania.



Now that you know about me, try and find out how many people I really killed. I implore you.







No comments:

Post a Comment