Sunday, January 6, 2013

And So the Killings Commence

I have and will always be proud of my accomplishments that I have made, although I would never admit this to anyone else. 

Any other reflections on my actions or my nature are untrue.

"One mourning in August 1886," (34), when I was about 25 years of age, I arrived in Chicago to carry out my genius plan. Some have described me as "fresh and crisp," (35) and received "the glances of young women," (35). I had always been confident and I dressed to impress men and women alike, but not for the same reasons as you will later find out. I had brown hair and bright blue eyes, like those "of a Mesmerist," (35). Women of any age were drawn to me for my charm and my gentlemen-like character and both women and men respected me because was able to manipulate their feelings and make them believe I was a innocent man. 

After I passed the licensing exam, I searched for, and found, a suitable drug store in which I wanted to acquire: Holton Drugs, the drugstore "on the northwest corner of Wallace and Sixty-third,"(36). Something I shall tell you in advance, and is of great importance to my story, is this: across the street from Holton Drugs was a vacant lot where great horrors were soon to follow. The owner of Holton Drugs was Mr. Holton, a sick man who would soon die of cancer and made his wife, Mrs. Holton, run the establishment on her own. As I was "good with conversation," (37), I talked with Mrs. Holton and, as she could not care for her husband and run the drugstore simultaneously, she agreed to sell the business to Holmes for a small price and in return, she and her husband would continue living in their flat above the store. After a short period, Mr. Holton died and Mrs. Holton moved to California to visit family and then remained there permanently. I actually killed her and she was one of my first murder victims out of over two hundred victims total.
 As time moved on, I met and married another woman who I was particularly fond of: Ms. Myrta Z. Belknap. Together we had a daughter, Lucy, but I had begun to lose interest in Bertha and in addition, she was jealous of my attention I showed toward most of my clients, which were in fact mostly women, and later became possessive of me, for which I didn't care in the least. When she had our Lucy, she was at her parents home in Wilmette, IL, because she could not stand the way I neglected her. I remained a faithful father and brought her and her mother many gifts to make up for my absence. 

After it was announced that the World Fair would be hosted in Chicago, I sold my store and bought the vacant lot across the street with horrifyingly brilliant ideas. I would build a hotel that would serve as apartments for tourists that would soon be coming to see the Fair. But, unbeknownst to its inhabitants, it would also be a trap in which I would kidnap and murder men and women and secretly burn their bodies or cut off all their skin and sell their bones/corpses for a profit. There is a picture of my famous home below.

My hotel had three main floors and a secret basement. On the bottom floor, I had retail shops, including a doctor's office, a barber shop, and a jewelry parlor, that I created and registered under different aliases. The reason for this is because when I bought furniture or anything for my hotel, I would not pay a cent and when creditors came and demanded I pay the money I owed, the man who ran the shop was never to be found. I also charmed the creditors who came to me asking me to pay the money I owed for the things I bought under my own name so that they came to me angry but left happy and laughing, as if we had been friends meeting over and over. These tactics would later lead to my demise.
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhEBz7lizROyeCASdHN10fvgEQ8EeyP3t9ptMAEhGk2lzKeL7vfD5-fxFOgY7dLlkisbHyliyqVvZY443R4n4FuBTWPP94DOFUWhqb4Gan3RCIeLC9wTpSHpbWwyi_l_X263wcqXehXCA8/s1600/murdercastle-Page+40.jpg
On the second and third floors, I created secret rooms and unending hallways that I used to trick guests but these were not commonly used by me and my methods; no, I took pleasure in controlling them and making them dance so I normally called in woman to my office and then locked them in my sound proof vault behind my office. There, I would pleasure myself in choosing whether I should kill them or keep them alive and if I wanted to kill them I had many options. My most common methods were leaving the women to suffocate, filling the room with acid through a pipeline I had specifically built for this purpose, or take them out of the vault and instead use chloroform, a deadly compound that, if used in large quantities, could kill oneself. After the woman died, I would put the body into a chute that went to the basement, another favorite activity of mine waited for me in those rooms.

 The basement also had many rooms, including a kiln, a couple rooms where I experimented on the bodies, and rooms where I disposed of the less interesting bodies. A kiln is a room that is made with fire-proof brick and can withstand temperatures up to, at least, 3,000 °F. 

No comments:

Post a Comment